Jacobs Sustainability Strategy
Jacobs Sustainability Consulting Services
Jacobs Sustainability Reports
- 2016 (PDF, 9.8 MB)
- 2015 (PDF, 10.4 MB)
- 2014 (PDF, 21.1 MB)
- 2013 (PDF, 3.2 MB)
- 2012 (PDF, 7.0 MB)
- 2011 (PDF, 3.7 MB)
- 2010 (PDF, 5.9 MB)
- 2009 (PDF, 3.3 MB)
CH2M Sustainability Reports
From the way we operate our business, to the work we perform with clients and other organizations, we continue to look at ways we can make a positive environmental, societal and economic difference for businesses, governments and communities around the world.
A sustainable future
Aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), PlanBeyond? is our approach to sustainability — planning beyond today for a more sustainable future for everyone. We advance innovations that improve energy ef?ciency, resilience, conservation, reuse and reclamation of vital air, land and water resources.
We’re focused on reducing our greenhouse gas emissions and helping our customers integrate low-carbon solutions into their capital projects and operations. Our outstanding environmental performance during FY19 saw no significant environmental incidents in our operations.
Commitment to sustainability
Our Global Sustainability Commitment Statement sets out our intent to integrate sustainability throughout our business by making it part of our culture. Our commitments are to:
- Positively contribute to our global PlanBeyond goals that were developed in consultation with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Foster a culture of sustainability that promotes economic prosperity, environmental benefit and social value.
- Continue a dialogue with all our stakeholders to raise awareness of sustainability and provide feedback on how we can do better.
- Research and develop innovative methods and applications for enhanced sustainability performance.
- Enable knowledge sharing and capacity-building around sustainability across our enterprise and all our projects.
- Be accountable for delivering our strategy through the sustainability governance structure that reports up to our Board.
disposable plastic gloves eliminated from the waste stream across multiple
client sites (FY19)
pounds of heat-resistant tile beneficially-recycled at Kennedy Space Center
PlanBeyond is our approach to sustainability. It’s about planning beyond today for a sustainable future for everyone. For us, this means social and economic progress while protecting our environment and improving resilience. It is also about being the employer of choice for our people and being the go-to solutions provider for a more connected, sustainable world.
Sustainable solutions for clients
Together, we craft solutions that affect the way people live. From accelerating the next generation of innovators to the world’s first ultra-low emission zone, from helping communities recover to monitoring water quality to protect public health, we solve for better, never losing sight of our responsibility to each other.
- Alongside Shell Pipeline Company, we turned more than 96,000 plastic bottles into a natural infrastructure solution helping protect Louisiana’s shrinking coastline and serving as a model for balancing coastal infrastructure integrity and an evolving natural environment.
- Transforming space waste into building blocks for future exploration and sustainability, our innovative solution for beneficial reuse of heat-resistant materials also eliminated $50,000 in disposal costs at Kennedy Space Center.
- Employing digital twin technology and simulations, we helped one confidential private sector client reduce energy consumption by 33% using control logic operational improvements.
- Through our safe management of one of the world's-largest remediation programs, theCentral Plateau at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Hanford Site, we’ve cleaned up more than 270 billion gallons of groundwater to date – supporting the overall mission of protecting the precious Columbia River resource.
- Using?next-generation of bioremediation solutions, such as subgrade biogeochemical reactor (SBGR) technology, we’ve reduced annual carbon dioxide production at Travis Air Force Base by 930 tons – or the equivalent of emissions from ~200 cars per year.
- In partnership with VCS Denmark, we helped them break the mold for how utilities approach energy optimization – creating a water resource recovery facility that generates more than 150% of its own energy.
- By implementing the largest in-vessel based operation in Canada, we helped the City of Calgary reduce the amount of organic waste sent to the city landfill from single family homes by 46% in just one year of operation.
Partnering with our communities
We live and play in the communities where we work — so we’re personally invested in doing what is right for people in the places and communities we’re connected with. We provide infrastructure, technology and intelligence solutions to help communities build resiliency today for a better tomorrow:
- Anticipated to add more than 1,000 residents and hundreds of permanent jobs, Vertical Medical City, Orlando involves the redevelopment of a critical brownfield site to provide urban healthy living and aging-in-place environments, sustainable building, vertical farming and an artificial intelligence interface.
- Our global science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) Ambassador network activities help us build partnerships with schools and other education organizations and form lasting relationships that inspire the next generation and sustain our business. Jacobs’ volunteers supported Malawi on a STEM Build expedition and the Bridges to Prosperity Women’s Suspension Build in Uganda.
- As natural disasters strike in the regions and communities where we work, we provide support and other relief efforts to aid in disaster response operations. We provided an emergency team to complete hundreds of inspections in the U.S. Virgin Islands, accelerating repairs and getting families into their homes over the holidays.
- Committed to giving back, engaging with communities and building enduring partnerships, Jacobs donated more than $2.7 million this?year as part of our global giving?program.
Annual sustainability disclosures and reporting
Jacobs discloses sustainability information and data annually to CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project) and the Dow Jones Corporate Sustainability Assessment. We also incorporate sustainability progress and information in the Jacobs Annual Report.